It’s EASY to submit your request for utility locates.
By eTicket Online
Use the eTicket System online at your convenience.
Registration is not required.
- Your name and contact information.
- Specific Address/location of the project.
- What type of work are you doing?
- Is the area pre-marked?
- Are you digging on/near the Road Rights of Way?
- Are you digging on/near Railroad Tracks?
- Are you digging in/near a Pipeline Rights of Way?
- Is there an easement that requires markings?
- Will the excavation take place at the front of lot or back of lot?
- What is the maximum depth you will be digging?
- Is there open access to the dig site? (no dogs/gates are unlocked).
- Written scope of work stating where will you dig at the location. Example: Trenching new electric line between the meter on the front of the house & the front of the detached garage in the east side of yard.
Once the order is processed by the center, you can expect your utility markings at the project location within 2 business days (or 10 business days for remote/unstaffed locations).
Once the facilities are marked, you are expected to comply with Alaska Statutes 42.30.400. Utilities are marked according to the American Public Works Association color code – see our FAQ page for more info.